Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 20: Great Eggspectations

Made an omelette this morning. Each plant now has half an eggshell. I wonder if that's enough to fend off blossom end rot. At any rate, the omelette was good.

Put out a call on facebook for styrofoam peanuts. Hopefully someone local has some. I really don't like the idea of buying them. And most of the un-bucketed tomatoes are outgrowing their peat pots fast.

Did another set of measurements, very encouraging. Note that the ones marked with an asterisk show less growth than they should because I potted them in the buckets up to the first set of leaves.
  1. 12.1 cm *
  2. 12.1 cm
  3. 12.1 cm
  4. 11.4 cm
  5. 8.3 cm *
  6. 6.4 cm *
  7. 8.3 cm
  8. 10.2 cm *
  9. 7.6 cm *
  10. 12.1 cm *

A confession. My tape measure is actually in inches, so I measure down to 1/8 or 1/4 of an inch then convert to metric.

Decided to keep a notebook as well for measurements and to record fertilizings and other significant events. The blog is nice, but I want the info at my fingertips, especially when I'm down in the tomatorium.

No comments:

Post a Comment