Monday, May 27, 2013

Community garden up to speed

I've just about got the community garden plot planted for the season. Garlic, potatoes, zucchini, asparagus, cucumbers, and 16 tomato plants. The plot before weeding...

So many weeds!
 And after!

Far fewer weeds, yay!
I bought an action hoe. It's a little D-shaped bit of metal on the end of a long handle. You use it by sliding it across the ground. It's cuts off the tops of weeds very effectively. I thought it was going to take a helluva long time to get all these weeds up, but action hoe really did a great job.

Sad cuke
The cucumbers I put in yesterday did not look happy today. I guess that's why you harden off your seedlings. At this point I think I might just sew some new seeds directly in the ground.

Green and bean
The green beans in the basement that I haven't put out yet have gone nuts. Here's the first green bean of the season, in the basement. I gotta get them planted outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment