Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Survey Says...

Well, ok, they turned out pretty good. Perhaps a little soggy and not quite flaky enough, but very edible. There was a small amount of leakage, but not a vast sea of butter for me to pour down the drain which then requires me to do some plumbing work when it congealed (true story, that happened last time!).

Isosceles triangles, not right triangles.

Can you tell the difference between these two? Bottom pic is after 2.5 hrs of "rising"
Despite a long rise is a not crazy warm spot, they didn't rise at all. I mean look at them. Nothing. Crazy. Ever so, they puffed up in the oven nicely, so I'm not going to complain.

Not too shabby

Flaky, layered, but maybe not perfect. YET.
All in all a solid effort, but still needs a bit of improvement. Another error, I had them in the oven for 5 min before I realized I hadn't done the egg wash. Doh! Perhaps bake slightly longer, but they were already so brown I didn't want to. Lowered the temp to 415°.

No comments:

Post a Comment