Saturday, September 16, 2017

Number 12

Attempt #12 was unimpressive again. I believe I'll just try a different recipe next time. Basically, I used the unmodified KAF recipe. I did use the baker's couche I ordered a while back for the first time - it worked well, though not sure how necessary it is. I was also a bit more gentle with the dough. I was rewarded with slightly more airy crumb. But again my nemesis - scoring issues. I feel like leaving the dough uncovered for proofing did dry out the skin a bit so it was slightly easier scoring. But the I now feel like the issue might be overproofing. Well, maybe not proofing exactly. First I let it rise for 90 minutes, perhaps a bit longer. Then I formed them into balls and let sit 15 min. Then I proofed for like 30 minutes and the finger dent test suggested it was overproofed. Maybe I should have shortened the initial rise.

Anyway, here is the result - tasted good.


No comments:

Post a Comment