Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Sandwichspace Day 1

 This morning's sandwich was a bit fancier than normal. I had some leftover cooked ground turkey from last night's attempted potstickers as well as some raw potsticker filling - ground turkey, minced onion, scallion, garlic, and cabbage. I made a sausage patty out of the filling. Sauteed onion, tossed in scrambled ground turkey, and two scrambled eggs. Topped it all with some shavings of cheddar. Served on toasted focaccia.


The focaccia is really nothing special to look at, but I love the taste and the texture. The cheese did not melt all that well. The turkey patty was pretty good for a turkey patty. I usually think of turkey as a healthier but not tastier option. But the add ins really boosted it. As for the eggs, I fried them in a pan on the stove. They were cooked on low heat and turned out well, I do not enjoy scrambled eggs when they get browned at all. I do like having add ins, they help give the egg a bit more structure and I feel like it makes them fluffier. Sauteed kale is a favorite for that purpose, but I don't currently have any kale.

I guess the question is how to rank it. Maybe the way to go is rank each piece, then maybe an overall rating for the sandwich on taste and appearance.

Bread - Focaccia - Love it. 8/10 maybe. Crispy crust, soft interior, cheesy bits on the crust

Cheese - Cheddar is great, 7/10. Poor execution here

Meat - Ground turkey patty. I'd say 5/10 here, maybe 4/10 if it didn't have the extra stuff

Eggs - Scrambled is the way to go for sure. Add ins boost the yummy. 8/10 for this attempt, but I think scrambled/omelet is going to be the definite winner here.

No sauce or toppings

Appearance, maybe 4/10. Not too pretty.

Taste 7/10. Very good, but turkey meat and cheese failures brought it down a smidge.

More focaccia tomorrow, I've got 3 more pieces to get through before I maybe try some other bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment