Friday, August 30, 2024

Sandwichspace Day 2 and 3

Day 2 - A bit of a disappointment today. Focaccia, grated cheddar cheese, the same ground turkey mix as yesterday. Scrambled eggs with spinach and sauteed peppers. The peppers were not too tasty, perhaps burned a bit. Same with the turkey meat. Even the bread was a touch burned. I guess that is one of the dangers of cooking it on the stovetop especially when I am distracted by getting ready for work.


I won't re-grade the bits I graded yesterday. They would probably lose a point or two because they were a bit scorched. The cheese kind of got lost in the unpleasant flavors and was much less pronounced. I think grating is a decent way to go in general. Maybe 

Scrambled egg with sauteed peppers and spinach - Not great, 2/10. I think I could have used different peppers and cooked them better and gained maybe 4 or 5 points.

Appearance - 2/10. Yikes

Taste - 2/10.

Probably worth a comment or two on my ranking scale. I'm thinking:

0 - Completely terrible

1 - Bad

2 - Mediocre

3 - Ok

4 - Better than ok, but not quite up to good.

5 - Good. I think 5 is a decent sandwich, like, I would happily eat a 5 every day for breakfast

6 - Better than just good, a standout in some way.

7 - Very good, satisfying

8 - Great, a real standout.

9 - Exceptional

10 - Best I've ever had

Day 3 - Focaccia, sliced cheddar, scrambled eggs and sauteed onion, frozen sausage patty. This one was good, but it wasn't that well executed. The onions didn't taste too good, which was surprising. You'd think it would be hard to mess up onions sauteed in butter. The egg was well-cooked, but the onions detracted from them, 4/10. The cheese melted ok. The sausage patty was a bit think and leathery, which was disappointing, 3/10.

Appearance - 3/10

Taste - 5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment