Thursday, October 3, 2024

Sandwichspace 28 & 29

28

I was hopeful for English toasting bread. There was a time that I made it fairly frequently, though that recipe is lost in the sands of time. The current recipe is new, and it worked out pretty well. It uses a smidge of baking soda to create nice nooky-cranny-y bread. I toasted up an additional piece to eat as plain toast yesterday morning and it was pretty hard. Maybe unappealingly so. So I was a bit worried. In the end it softened up a bit while wrapped in foil on the way to work. The slice was smaller than I would have preferred, but I was very happy with it in the end, 8/10. Sauteed spinach and shallots mixed up with two scrambled eggs were good, but I'm not sure how much the shallots added, so I won't score them. Thick sliced deli cheddar and Canadian bacon rounded it out.


Appearance I dunno, 6/10 I guess. Not shockingly attractive. A larger, squarer slice of toast would be nice.

Flavor 8/10 the bread flavor was kinda nothing to write home about, but the texture was perfect. The rest was all good stuff. Maybe not quite as perfect as focaccia, but maybe a smidge fewer calories for not much loss of flavor.

29

This one was English toasting bread, sauteed spinach and egg, roast pork, and a new entry, thin sliced gruyere. The gruyere was maybe too thin to really be too noticeable, so 6/10.

Appearance 4/10. I mean, look at it.

Flavor 8/10 still good stuff. I think it's not worth the expense for gruyere, or the effort for that matter, I had to buy it in a wedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment