Friday, October 4, 2024

Sandwichspace 30

 30

Introduced expensive ultra thin sliced ham this time around. Just eaten raw the ham is leathery and very salty. I figured I'd loosen it up a bit by sautéing it. Good texture when done, still kind of salty. As part of the sandwich though it was pretty danged good, adds a salty tang and a tiny barely noticeable hammy flavor. 8/10. Then went sauteed spinach with two scrambled eggs, thick sliced cheddar, and English toasting bread. Went a little off script when I noticed that the remaining toasting bread was the same length and width (but not very tall). So sliced it laterally for a nice square slice of toast. That was pretty good. I think a standard toast slice is the right size for my sandwich. 


Appearance 7/10. Call me basic but the nice square sandwich sliced size bread is just right.

Flavor 9/10 there may be some wiggle room on this score, but it was really good. The bread was nice, perfect toast. Could have been a little more toasted, but very good. I really poured on the spinach for this and it was not a mistake. There was a smidge of extra water I could have squeezed out, but that wasn't too critical. The cheese I melted a bit in the microwave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment