Saturday, October 5, 2024

Sandwichspace 31

 Today's sandwich was a departure from previous attempts in that I used no meat at all. I vaguely intended to, I have some fancy ham, some bologna, chicken chunks, and sausage in the freezer. But just skipped it. I'd give no meat a 5/10, not bad, particularly if the rest of the sandwich is good and hearty. Bread was English toasting bread which toasted up nice. Eggs were two eggs scrambled with sauteed spinach. Cheese was gorgonzola crumbles. I sauteed them in the non-stick pan until it became like a sludge (haha, yum!). Then I poured it over the sandwich. Pretty good, 7/10 I'd say.


Appearance 5/10. I buttered the toasted bread on the side that was prettier. The gorgonzola looks like gravy, which is kinda repulsive. 

Flavor 7/10. Real good, I think meat won't necessarily be a part of the final endgame sandwich. Or at least not every time. 

Funny, I've found the egg style I really like right away. I can't wait for my kale to be ready to harvest, I hope it's as good as the spinach. I also planted spinach. I think I'll try to grow spinach next year. Also curious to try eggs with basil instead of spinach once my basil grows. And cheese I'm pretty satisfied with thick cut deli sharp cheddar, that might be the winner. A little boring, but dang it is good. Meat seems to be less important than I had imagined. It seems not inconceivable that I might not have meat in the day-to-day sandwich in the future. That seems healthier for sure. And given that no meats have really stood out as critical, I'm ok with that. I seem to have problems using up deli meat before it goes bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment