Tuesday, May 17, 2022

As Usual, A Bit of a Slow Start

Started garlic last November. Doesn't look as super lush as it has in the past, but I'll hopefully get some decent bulbs.

Garlic doing its thing

I brought strawberries in over the winter. Not 100% sure why, I suspect they like being out in the winter, but, well, I did it anyway. Here's how they look today.

Yup, got flowers already

Brought in jalapeno peppers over the winter. They were doing ok until a couple months ago when they started getting, well, not quite sure what it was? Fungus maybe? Brought them outside And it seemed like 3 out of 5 did not make it, but today after some rainy days looks like we have some leaves on the seemingly dead ones. So maybe 5 out of 5!


It LIVES!


The old leaves on the other three look unhappy, but new leaves a-burstin'.


You go lil pepper

 I got my seeds started late (early April), but things are coming up. Here's April 13th.


Lil' green poking up
More starts

Today they look substantially beefier, but not quite up to bought-from-the-garden-center standards. As usual, I will do better next year! Right? RIGHT?


Going a bit

Flagship tomato

My starts so far.

I should definitely take better notes

In other news, I set up zucchini mounts in the front trough, hope they're happy there. Planted Black Beauty (3 hills closest to the driveway) and Fordhook in the next two. May put in some more, I do love zucchini.

Still to be done - beans, cukes, kale, and lots of transplanting. Oh, and basil. Hoping to grow a toooooon of basil this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment