Thursday, July 7, 2011

Eggplant Emergence

The Pingtung Long eggplant is starting to, well, elongate. Based on my last experience with eggplant (something like 4 measly eggplant from 5 plants) I wasn't optimistic. But these guys are already way ahead of the last attempt. Here's one of them:

Pingtung Long Eggplant
Yes, I need to weed a bit...

The purple basil the Mrs. planted is looking great.

Purple Basil
And a shot of the pattypan summer squash Bennings Green Tint.

Bennings Green Tint
Everything else is doing ok. Something (I assume deer) got at some of the zucchini and pumpkins I planted outside the fence on the back side. I didn't think they ate that stuff. Well, as a safety measure I draped some chicken wire over them. I'll use some of the old boards from last year's tomato prison to make a crude protective structure this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment