Sunday, November 20, 2016

Attempt #5

Attempt #5 was pretty good, I used 260g water as an attempt at a happy medium between the low hydration and high hydration dough. I also made liberal use of flour when kneading. By the time I was done kneading the dough was not very sticky. As a result, the scoring went much better than last time. As for the crumb, I have not dissected the bread yet, it's still cooling.


Perhaps ever so slightly overcooked at 20 minutes. Check out the bottoms, a bit overcooked, and interestingly enough you can still make out the seams.


Definitely circling ever closer to a perfect bake. Next time I may try slightly bigger loaves, maybe just make two and cook for slightly longer. The skinny loaves are nice, but it would be fun to try something a bit more substantial.

No comments:

Post a Comment