Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Cucumber Trauma

 The big news is giant rats (aka deer) came out of the woods, strolled down to my driveway, and pretty much ate half the foliage of my cucumbers.

Evidence

Maybe it was more than half :-(
I've taken some weak measures to keep them away - put up some string and a couple tomato cages to make it a bit more awkward for them. No further devastation last night. Maybe I had them planted too thickly. Maybe the deer-pruning will actually help them? *sigh*

Zucchini is getting very close to getting picked!
Zucchini numero uno
Didn't even notice the dead rotting leaf below it or the small weed beside it. So I could be doing things better here clearly. You can see the broken off stem slightly to the left and under it. That leaf was yellowing so I ruthlessly pruned. This years garden theme is pruning!

Zucchino rampicante coming up!

Peppers and Spoon tomatoes coming along nicely!

Roots from a tomato cutting. No real intention of growing this, just wanted to see how it would do if I just set it in a glass with water.








No comments:

Post a Comment