Sunday, July 17, 2022

First Tomato

 Well, I finally got my first tomato. Allegedly Beefsteak, but very small so probably can't be. It was good, but it was no Sungold. Next year I will have to plant some, or maybe Sun Sugar, which are allegedly even better to grow. It very quickly went from the plant to my mouth, so not great picture of it, but I do have this. Notice the other empty stems where one would expect tomatoes to be. I found a small green one on the ground a few days ago. I think my local chipmunk is working overtime harvesting produce!

First tomato
Basil is coming right along. Need to figure out where to put it once it outgrows the planter.

Genovese Basil
Some of the vine borer damage. Today the plants did not look distressed, despite this quite shocking damage to the stems. The bt treatment may have saved them. And just for fun saw my first squash bugs.

Curse you vine borers

The destruction wrought by vine borers makes me sad.

A cucumber growing in the cuke bed. Doesn't look too great, but we'll see if something comes of it.


I just picked beans not there are more to pick.



No comments:

Post a Comment