Monday, July 4, 2022

Zucchini Bounty

 First zucchini harvest was July 1st. Since then, over four days have harvested 7.9 lbs total! I do love my early season zucchini bounty. I will be sad when the vine borers inevitably take them out. But wait! I have a bit of a solution. This year I have four zucchino rampicante sprouted and growing, hopefully by the time the regular zucchini (Fordhook, Black Beauty) go south the rampicantes will grab the baton and keep me supplied.

The zucchini patch

Yum

Grow you lil rampicantes!
Beans are doing great. Have not been victimized by deer yet. Is it just a matter of time? Am I a fool for not working on countermeasures immediately? Can you see the little flowers?

Beans
These guys are one of the Cherokee Purples. They look good! The other one looks like it has a severe case of blossom end rot. I guess I'm not watering enough. I mulched a bunch this weekend, hopefully that will help.

The King of Delicious Tomatoes

This one is allegedly Beefsteak. Yeah, this is clearly not Beefsteak. I don't know what it is, but I like the productivity.

I dunno!
Update on the back containers. They seem to be getting bigger and lusher every day.

Containers

No comments:

Post a Comment