Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Some Interesting Growth

The beans out front are starting to flower. Very pretty, and hopefully beans soon.
The beans out back, not to be outdone, are climbing up the chicken wire trellis. The little twining tendril is about a foot and a half long. They spend most of their time trying to outgrow the kale in front of them, which is doing very well.
The Spoon Tomatoes out back seem very happy with their setup. I think they may not provide too much in the way of actual poundage of veg, but I do think they will be kind of fun.
The cuke patch does not look too happy. I suspect I didn't water quite enough for their liking. I did mulch with grass clippings which will help with water retention. And there is new growth that seems a bit happier.
The zucchino rampicante seems to be flourishing. 
OMG a cucumber! Ok, admittedly not quite salad/pickle sized. But it is there!
And another peek at the main tomato patches. Looking good! Maybe it would be wise to prune a bit more to free up the air flow around this jungle a bit. I don't think I will be that aggressive though.

No comments:

Post a Comment