Wednesday, July 27, 2022

I Hate Critters

 The critters have been doing bad things. I think the culprits are chipmunks, but not sure. They have gnawed through long zucchino rampicante vines - one about 4' another about 6.5'. Just gnawed them off at the base. total loss of the whole length of the vine.I think they might be looking for water which can be found in the stems. But COME ON. I guess I will put out some water so they don't have to gnaw? Might help. can't hurt. I may also put up some chicken wire barriers to further deter them. Internet says coffee, cayenne, and garlic. I think once the plants are done for the year and pulled out it's time to get some cement and close up the various nooks and crannies that these critters might call home.

Dead

Dead

Here's a baby zucchini that will never come to fruition.

Sad

I saw my tomato ripening.I thought, maybe I should just go ahead and pick it. I thought nah, it's fine. I was wrong. More chipmunk activity I think. They didn't eat much, just enough to piss me off. It weighted in at 526g (1.16lbs). Slightly more pre-chipmunk feasting. Anyway, this was the Hungarian. Not super crazy about the taste, but good.

Hungarian Tomato less chipmunk share

No comments:

Post a Comment