Friday, July 1, 2022

Garlic Tips

 Watching a lot of gardening videos lately. This one ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWqgRhVDK4g ) had 10 tips for bigger garlic bulbs. My garlic did kinda meh this year, so maybe this might help.

1) Spacing - 6" apart - mine might be a little closer, maybe 4.

2) Depth - 2" - Maybe a little deeper?

3) Rich soil, maybe compost - I feel like my soil is not too rich. I will try some compost, particularly around the cloves when I plant.

4) Fertilize - Low N fertilizer - I don't really fertilize!

5) Hardneck vs Softneck - Hardneck better for my climate

6) Don't plant small cloves - I do a good job on this one\

7) Weed - The diligence of my weeding, it, uh, varies.

8) Cut the scapes - CHECK!

9) Plant cloves right side up - CHECK!

10) Plant around Halloween - CHECK!

No comments:

Post a Comment