Thursday, September 12, 2024

Bread Action

 So one of my favorite loaves to make is from a site called aBreaducation - https://www.abreaducation.com/content/lesson1-first-loaf . It was one of the first loaves I made after literally about 6 years of effort making a loaf or two a week that I really felt was just right. For a long while it was my go to loaf for white sandwich bread. And it toasted up really well. The only real downside was that it often made a kind of flat boule. Sometimes I would cook it in a bread pan to get more of a loaf shape. Today I did something a bit different. Today I cooked it in a round cake pan. And it turned out so beautiful!


We'll see how it does for a breakfast sandwich, but I'm liking the size and shape a lot. A nice slice cut in half would be just the right size. Two slices would be too big. Maybe thin sliced and toasted and the egg spread out over the toast. Going to be hard to get good meat coverage. Maybe this would be a vehicle for bacon...


No comments:

Post a Comment