Friday, September 13, 2024

Sandwichspace 14

 Put my loaf from last night to work today. After scoffing at the idea that I would make a two bread slice breakfast sandwich yesterday, I made one today for lunch, sigh. I like the sustainability of this setup. The loaf is not too hard to make, but really tasty. I should get 4 or 5 sandwiches out of a loaf. Definitely a week's worth. I'd say a 7/10 overall.. Between the toasted slice I put a three egg omelet with sauteed spinach and Genoa salami.Normally I prefer hard salami. But they didn't have it. I gotta say, the Genoa was really good sliced up a bit, sauteed, and mixed into the omelet. I could taste it, very nice, 6/10. On top of that I put a couple thick-sliced slices of cheddar (thick sliced by the deli), 8/10. Thick sliced deli sharp cheddar is really the way to go. I don't have to waste precious time in the morning fiddling with cheese, and it's perfectly sized for the sandwich. Melts so nice.


. Appearance - 7/10. I think this could be better is the toasting was a bit more even. But I generally think it looks quite appetizing.

Flavor - 7/10. The bread was great. The cheese was perfect, maybe slightly more melted would have been ideal, but if it had been wrapped in foil and brought to work it would have been. The Genoa salami was a pleasant surprise, I had low expectations for that. The egg was cooked just right. This could be the combo for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment