Monday, September 9, 2024

Sandwichspace 10 & 11

 10:

This sandwich was biscuit, shaved cheddar, fried eggs, and three thin frozen sausage patties. Again, love the sunnyside up egg for a nice picture, so good, but not really in the running for a sandwich I would not be eating immediately. And so messy. The three sausages really boosted the sausage flavor and made the sandwich much more enjoyable. I had poo-pooed the thin sausage patties before but I think I can make them work by using, maybe two stacked, maybe 6/10. Three was a bit decadent, but I was experimenting.


Appearance 8/10. Pretty.

Flavor 7/10. Not dramatically better than the last one, pretty similar.

11:

I was out of biscuits so I made like a dinner roll type bread. Soft and fluffy. Unlike the recipe, I just made a giant circular bun instead of breaking it up into little balls. Then each sando got 90 degrees of the disk. I hit that bad boy with an egg wash before putting it in the oven, which in retrospect may have been a bad idea. When I toasted it then wrapped it in foil to steam while I went to work the top become QUITE hard. Maybe no egg wash? Maybe these just don't toast quite perfectly. Anyway, bread was a 4/10. Might try just untoasted? The egg was scrambled with sauteed spinach, which is fucking amazing and I love it so much right now, shaved cheddar, and two nice slices of thick cut bacon. Nothing new with these.


Appearance 7/10. Not unpretty. Very bacon forward.

Taste 6/10. Good, but the hardness of the top crust was a bit disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment